For the last week 2016, AroniSmartInvest In Action™ picked a few stocks to consider. Based on the proprietary advanced analytics, but also on the usually random behavior of investors during the last weeks of the year, AroniSmartInvest™ In Action picked a few affordable stocks .
The stocks were picked based on YTD performance, from Jan 4 - Dec 21, 2016.
This is how these stocks have performed for the year 2016. The major indices's performance may be used to gauge the relative performance of each stock:
- Dow Jones: 13.42%
- S &P 500: 19.54%
- NASDAQ: 7.5%
Performance YTD, as of Dec 30, 2016: ; red: below, blue: approximately equal ; green: significantly above DOW Jones performance
- American Capital, Ltd. (American Capital) (NASDAQ:ACAS): +$4.13; or 29.95%.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited (NYSE:AHL): +$6.7; or 13.87%
- ARTNA: Artesian Resources Corporation (NASDAQ:ARTNA): +$4.24 or 15.31%
- Anixter International Inc. (NASDAQ:AXE): +20.66 or 34.21%
- Braskem S.A. (NASDAQ:BAK): +$7.67 or 56.65%
- BP p.l.c. (NASDAQ:BP): +$6.12; or 19.59%
- Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ:CGNX): +$29.85 or 88.39%
- Graham Corporation (NASDAQ:GHM): + $5.33 or 31.69%
- Imperial Oil Ltd (NASDAQ:IMO): +$2.24; or 6.89%
- Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. (NASDAQ: IVR): +$2.21 or 17.84%
- Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation (NASDAQ: MIC): +$9.1 or 12.53%.
- Malvern Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: MLVF): $3.59 or 20.44%.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (NASDAQ: MPG): $4.61 or 25.14%
- MaxLinear, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXL): $7.07 or 48%.
- Northfield Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFBK): $4.05 or 25.44%
- NuStar GP Holdings, LLC (NASDAQ: NSH): $7.75 or 36.64%
- NVE Corporation (NASDAQ: NVK) : +$16.65 or 32.75%
- Sonic Automotive, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAH) +.14 or 0.62%
- Statoil ASA (NASDAQ: STO): +$4.28 or 30.66%
- Team, Inc. (NASDAQ: TISI): +$7.29 or 22.81%
- WashingtonFirst Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: WFBI): +$6.35 or 28.05%
- Encore Wire Corporation(NASDAQ: WIRE): +$6.26 or 16.88%
- The York Water Company (NASDAQ: YORW): $13.26 or 53.17%