First, it was Milwaukee Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo vs the Phoenix Suns' Chris Paul vying for the win and NBA MVP in the 2021 NBA Championship. In the end, Giannis Antetokounmpo won both: Milwaukee Bucks beat Phoenix Suns, 4-2, to with NBA 2021 Finals. Giannis Antetokounmpo got the MVP. The Milwaukee Bucks won their first NBA championship since 20216, their first with Giannis Antetokounmpo, actually the first NBA Final win for Antetoukounmpo.
The 2021 NBA final by the 2 teams will be memorable. In the playoffs, Chris Paul and Giannis Antetokounmpo missed multiple games, due to injuries. Chris Paul appeared in the NBA finals for the first time in the last 16 years. Giannis Antetokounmpo, then 2 times MVP, battled injuries and did not play in key playoffs due to an hyperextended knee in Game 4 against Atlanta Hawks. Hence, in the projections, Phoenix Suns were favorites over Milwaukee Bucks. Then, the NBA finals brought a surprise: Giannis Antetokounmpo came in in an even a better shape and played even effectively.
Phoenix Suns, with Chris Paul leading, dominated the first 2 games:
GET ARONISMARTINVEST, A LEADING INVESTMENT RESEARCH TOOL, BASED ON Advanced Analytics, machine Learning and Data Science on App Store -- click here
- Game 1: Suns 118 - Bucks 105; Chris Paul - 32 & Devin Booker - 27; Giannis Antetokounmpo - 20 & Khris Middleton - 29
- Game 2: Suns 118 - Bucks 108; Chris Paul - 23 & Devin Booker - 31 & Mikal Bridges - 27; Giannis Antetokounmpo - 42 & Jhrue Holiday -17
Then, things started to change and Giannis Antetokounmpo took over.
- Game 3: Bucks 120 - Suns 100; Giannis Antetokounmpo - 26 & Khris Middleton - 40; Chris Paul - 19 & Deandre Ayton - 18 & Jae Crowder - 18
- Game 4: Bucks 109 - Suns 103; Giannis Antetokounmpo - 41 & Jhrue Holiday - 21; Devin Booker - 42 & Chris Paul 10;
- Game 5: Bucks 123 - Suns 119; Giannis Antetokounmpo - 32 & Khris Middleton - 29 & Jhrue Holiday - 27; Devin Booker - 42 & Chris Paul 10;
- Game 6: Bucks 105 - Suns 98; Giannis Antetokounmpo - 50 & Khris Middleton - 17 & Bobby Portis - 21; Devin Booker - 19; Chris Paul 26;
In Game 6, the Bucks beat the Suns 105-98. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jhrue Holiday, and Khris Middleton were the key contributors for the Milwaukee Buckers' win.
The Bucks ' win will be memorable. Chris Paul, really remarkable, especially in the two first games, could not prevail over Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jhrue Holiday, and Khris Middleton. Milwaukee Bucks got the win.
Giannis Antetokounmpo played well to deserve the win and the MVP award and he got them: it is his 3rd MVP award. He is also one of the two NBA players, along with Bob Pettit in 1958, to ever score 50 points in one game, well above Michael Jordan (45) and Magic Johnson (42).
Chris Paul also played very well, but something changed starting with Game 3. But it is a historical event for him and he deserves many applauses.
Unlike the 2020, NBA players and officials did not highlight and consistenly raise awareness on Racial Justice.
Rendez-vous in 2022.
@AfrAomerica Network 2021