On May 25, 2023 Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi visited China and (China), and exchanged with the Congolese community living in China. During his visit that was officially about the economic cooperation between DRC and China, Felix Tshisekedi evoked the invasion of DRC by Rwandan troops under the cover of M23 rebels, the collaboration between the EAC force and the M23 rebels, and the potential open wars with Rwanda. After the visit, many questions were raised regarding the peace in the Great Region of Africa and the role of the super powers in the conflict between DRC and Rwanda.?
A Visit in Beijing, China, Officially to Overhaul Mining Contracts ... and...
DRC President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi visited China, officially with the goal to overhaul mining contracts poorly negotiated and signed in 2008 under his predecessor, Joseph Kabila, and to fuel more Chinese investment in the DRC, a world top reserve of rich minerals, including cobalt, coltan, copper, and gold. One of the mining deals and contracts poorly negotiated by Joseph Kabila's government and signed with Chinese companies is the US$6.2 billion Sino-Congolese joint venture known as Sicomines, a minerals-for-infrastructure.
The DRC is the world’s largest producer of the cobalt mineral, a key battery ingredient, and one of the richest sources, coltan, a key mineral used to make electronic devices.
Felix Tshisekedi has also been seeking China’s help to fight Rwandan troops who have invaded the Eastern DRC under the cover of M23 rebels. In 2022, DRC military, FARDC, reportedly acquired military drones from the Chinese military.
On Friday, May 25, 2023 China President Xi Jinping welcomed DRC President Felix Tshisekedi at Tiananmen Square with a guard of honour and a 21-gun salute, before heading to talks in the Great Hall of the People. At the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, President Xi Jinping and his wife Peng Liyuan also welcomed DRC President Felix Tshisekedi and his wife Denise Nyakeru.
After the meeting, a Chinese foreign ministry statement confirmed that Felix Tshisekedi and Xi Jinping agreed to upgrading "the bilateral relationship from a win-win strategic cooperative partnership to a comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership" .
According to the statement, the government of China also confirmed that it supports regional peace talks to end the conflict in eastern DRC. The statement appeared to reinforce the reports that there was more behind the scene.
Get the following books on Amazon:
Legs of Tornado: The Human Who Outran the Wind, an African tale about a human from a humble upbringing who outran the wind, defeated evil spirits, overcame his fate, became a respected clan chief, and triumphed ever after.
Even Roosters Dream to Fly along with Legs of Tornado are also available on Amazon worldwide and soon on several other platforms:
For more on the book, the author, the inspiration of the stories, Visit the author website here
Many Dynamics Behind the Scene, including the Conflict with Rwandan Regime.
- However, according to AfroAmerica Network sources close to DRC leaders, many dynamics and deals happened in the negotiations behind the scene. One of the key deals is related to the fight against the Rwandan government troops under the cover of M23 rebels, and potentially an open war against Rwandan troops inside Rwanda itself.
- The steps towards the objective, as communicated by DRC government to the Chinese government include:
- expelling the EAC troops, accused of covering and actually shielding M23 rebels;
- showing again to the World how the current Rwandan oligarchy, termed as a "an evil regime" has been surviving on looting Congolese mineral resources, and using the looting and mafia schemes schemes to project a false image of wealth and development, when only the top oligarchy benefit from the wealth when the Rwandan people are among the poorest in the World.
- exposing the schemes of the Rwandan government trying to create chaos in the DRC and then blame the DRC government the way the current Rwandan leaders did when invading Rwanda from Uganda between 1990-1994. In Rwanda, the RPF agents and soldiers were disguising in local militia, known as Interahamwe, to kill Tutsis and then, the RPF blamed the Rwandan government. Hence, one of the steps is showing that Rwandan troops and agents, like in 1990-1994 in Rwanda, have been disguising as the congolese militias fueling the Teke-Yaka conflict in Grand Bandundu and terrorising people around the capital Kinshasa;
- Getting ready for the war against Rwanda, with aim to overthrown the evil regime under the top oligarch Paul Kagame.
Felix Tshisekedi's Clarifications on the Dynamics and Rwandan Regime'evil Schemes?
Some of these points were openly communicated to the Chinese and the Congolese community living in China.
In his communications, Felix Tshisekedi stated the following.
About EAC force collaborating with M23 Rebels and the Rwandan troops:
“There is a shrewd collaboration between the EAC force and the rebels, or rather the terrorists of the M23, with the only exception of the Burundian contingent which has shown its commitment to apply, word for word, the agreements as they were planned. As a proof of this, the intervention of the Burundians when the M23 terrorists began to illegally levy taxes in the territories they occupied. As for the other EAC members, the collaboration has continued to date.”
About the Rwandan agents, under the cover of congolese militias, fueling the conflict between the Teke and Yeka communities:
"These two communities have always lived together since the beginning of times, when the Congo became Congo. Hence, the situation we face today are clear signs of shady things going on. And me, I am not afraid to say that our horrible neighbor there, "Rwanda", is no stranger to what is happening in Kinshasa. Hence, do not worry, we have decided to double down to remedy against the dire situation."
Regarding the Rwandan regime's hegemonic ambitions and evil schemes towards the DRC:
“Paul Kagame wants to invade and occupy territories in our country, because these territories have wealth that has made his regime happy so far. He has managed to make the world believe that he had good governance thanks to which his country prospered, but in reality, it is because he has been permanently destabilizing the DRC, and created mafia networks which allow him to enrich his oligarchy, when his country and the common people remain the poor...
This time, we have decided to take action and act intelligently. We started with a clear open denunciation, followed by sensitizing the international community, while, at the same time, working on reinforcing our national armed forces and giving the needed capabilities because, as it is said, 'well-ordered charity begins with oneself' and 'Who wants peace prepares for war'. Hence, Congolese brothers and sisters, if we want peace, we must prepare for war”.
USA's Official Position and What is Next?
Following the visit in China, the dynamics in the Great Region of Africa have become even more complex.
The visit of Felix Tshisekedi in China followed a phone call, on May 23, 2023, with the USA Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken. According to the statement by Spokesperson Matthew Miller, during the call, Antony J. Blinken and President Félix Tshisekedi "discussed the ongoing violence and dire humanitarian situation in the eastern DRC. ..." and "the importance and urgency of M23 withdrawing and disarming per the Luanda Communique, and for all parties to implement their Luanda Communique obligations and commit to the Luanda and Nairobi Processes."
The visit in China, the discussions behind the scene, and the statements by DRC President Felix Tshisekedi, along with the previous qualification of the current Rwandan regime as "demonic"(see DR Congo: President Felix Tshisekedi Urges Congolese to Have Empathy for Rwandans, and Rather Target Rwandan Dictator Paul Kagame and His Diabolic Oligarchy) have reinforced the speculations about the FARDC getting ready to invade Rwanda and overthrow the Rwandan regime led by Paul Kagame.
Meanwhile, according to the latest news, Rwandan troops under M23 rebels have resumed the fights in Eastern DRC, targeting the main city of Goma, near the border with Rwanda and Rwandan has deployed more troops along the border. This happens, as the SADC troops are deploying in the region and getting ready to confront M23 rebels (see DR Congo - Rwanda: Increasingly Isolated in the Region and the World for Its invasion of DRC, Is Rwandan Government Ready for Another Defeat?).
Since, the following questions remain:
- Is DRC president Felix Tshisekedi facing a similar situation the late President Juvenal Habyarimana faced in Rwanda in 1990-1994
- What is next for M23 rebels?
- Will FARDC invade Rwanda to overthrow Paul Kagame's regime?
- Will China President Xi Jinping side with DRC President Felix Tshisekedi in the conflict with Rwanda's Paul Kagame?
- Will the USA government support DRC President Felix Tshisekedi?
- Will Rwanda military leaders be sanctioned by the international community for invading and commiting crimes in the DRC, under the cover of M23 rebels?
AfroAmerica Network is still following the dynamics and getting more information from several sources close to leaders of DRC, Rwanda, and SADC
@AfroAmerica Network 2023
AroniSmartIntelligence™, the leading tool for Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning & Data Science
Statisticians, Data Scientists, Business and Financial Analysts, Savvy Investors, Engineers, Researchers, Students, Teachers, Economists, Political Analysts, and most of the practitioners use Advanced Analytics to answer questions, to support informed decision making or to learn.
AroniSmartIntelligence™ is a leading Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Science tool, with optimized cutting edge Statistics models, Econometrics, Big Data and Text Analytics.
AronismartIntelligence™ includes modules covering Machine Learning and Big Data mining, Unstructured Text Analysis, Sentiment and Emotion Analytics, Bayesian Statistics and other advanced analytics.